Matt Forney is an author, journalist and entrepreneur originally from Syracuse, New York, currently based in Chicago. He started the blog MattForney.com in April of 2012 to chronicle a hitchhiking trip he took from Syracuse to Portland, Oregon, in order to see America, shock himself out of his comfort zone, and change his life. The trip lasted six months and took him more than 3,500 miles across sixteen states and through several of America's major cities, including Chicago, Minneapolis and Seattle. Following the trip, he became an author, publishing books such as Confessions of an Online Hustler, Do the Philippines, and more.
Prior to starting that blog, Forney ran the online magazine In Mala Fide from 2009 to 2012. The best articles from that site are collected in the book Three Years of Hate. He is also a graduate of Christian Brothers Academy and trained in English and journalism at the University at Albany and SUNY Plattsburgh. (Full article...)
Did you know...
- ... that O.J. Simpson's abusiveness and volatility only deepened his wife Nicole's feelings for him?
- ... that Anders Behring Breivik's 2083 points out that "radical feminists have embraced and been embraced by the wider and deeper movement of cultural Marxism"?
- ... that research shows that girls and young women who have an unstable father figure are more liable to unplanned pregnancy, low-self esteem, high school and college drop-out, poverty, divorce and sexually promiscuous behavior?
- ... that according to several studies, when a man gets violent with his wife, she tends to have more sex with him?
- ... that Pavel Tsatsouline helped popularize hardcore kettlebell lifting in a MILO article as early as December 1998?
- ... that a meme spreads fastest not when it is true or useful, but when it effectively sees to its own transmission?
- ... that the Übermensch was never actually a person who necessarily dominates others?
- ... that as far back as 1898, the Victorian New Woman had already been already spotted and brutally called out?
- ... that you are more likely to reach your goal if you focus on what you will do instead of what you won't do?
- ... that Alwyn Cosgrove is an expert program designer who recommends focusing on either fat loss, hypertrophy, or strength, but not all at once?
- ... that supplicating nice guy behavior comes from a shame about having personal needs with origins in young childhood?
- ... that the originator of the self-esteem movement defines it not as a feeling, but as the orientation of being on your own side?
- ... that there are two different "Mastery" books, and that George Leonard's leans toward doers while Robert Greene's leans toward thinkers?
These are articles that are in need of creation:
In the news
"It is the way you behave outside of bed that will drive women crazy and inspire loyalty
, not what you do in bed. A woman would rather get fucked in a gas station bathroom for 30 seconds by a dark triad alpha
like Bryce than engage in an hour-long fuckfest in a penthouse suite with a beta
husband type like Paul. The former would be thrilling for her, the latter would feel like a chore. Why? Because female sexual arousal is primarily mental and emotional rather than physical. The woman is not primarily aroused by sex itself, but by the desirability of the man she is having sex with. If she perceives the man as alpha, she will tend to be satisfied by the sexual experience regardless of how physically stimulating it actually is to her (i.e. whether or not she has an orgasm
or how long the sex lasts). The primary erotic attraction of sex for women is the mental and emotional satisfaction of having sex with an alpha male. That's it. The sex itself is secondary, the alpha male presence is the primary factor." — scorpion (18 January 2015). "RE: Feminist story proves major Game concepts to be nothing but the full truth". Roosh V forum.
Roosh V Forum activity
- Background Acting thread
- A few months ago I did some work as a background actor. I'd previously done a day of it years ago when I was very young. The last production I worked on had a few days of shooting. These were l...
- 2016-08-23 20:14:20
- What name will you give your son?
- I've been thinking about boy's names again. I had my first son 4 months ago and with my wife being pregnant, I'm considering names. (Note we don't know what the gender is yet.)&l...
- 2016-08-23 03:38:08
- An insider's guide to Buenos Aires
- Hey Everyone!<br /><br />I know there are already a ton of resources for Buenos Aires but I thought I'd share some well kept secrets the city has to offer with all of you. I was bor...
- 2016-08-23 02:08:00
- Coed Sports and Marathon races to meet girls
- Back in college and HS, I met my girlfriends through coed sports and running. Those relationships were better and stronger than girls I met elsewhere. I recently read that girls become more attra...
- 2016-08-22 23:55:50
- Panic / Anxiety Attacks
- Does anyone else here suffer from them? I had one a month ago for the first time and thought I was going to die. I've had several more "near misses" since then where I could feel the...
- 2016-08-22 20:15:12