Matt Forney is an author, journalist and entrepreneur originally from Syracuse, New York, currently based in Chicago. He started the blog MattForney.com in April of 2012 to chronicle a hitchhiking trip he took from Syracuse to Portland, Oregon, in order to see America, shock himself out of his comfort zone, and change his life. The trip lasted six months and took him more than 3,500 miles across sixteen states and through several of America's major cities, including Chicago, Minneapolis and Seattle. Following the trip, he became an author, publishing books such as Confessions of an Online Hustler, Do the Philippines, and more.
Prior to starting that blog, Forney ran the online magazine In Mala Fide from 2009 to 2012. The best articles from that site are collected in the book Three Years of Hate. He is also a graduate of Christian Brothers Academy and trained in English and journalism at the University at Albany and SUNY Plattsburgh. (Full article...)
Did you know...
- ... that Kings Wiki users can place userboxes on their page to personalize them?
- ... that university instructor Eric Clanton was arrested for attacking a man with a U-shaped bike lock at the 15 April 2017 Berkeley political rally?
- ... that juggling is a woman's favorite hobby?
- ... that at least 11 episodes of The Twilight Zone have been mentioned in Return of Kings articles?
- ... that coat confiscation sometimes occurs when protestors attempt to disrupt Donald Trump speeches when it is extremely cold outside?
- ... that O.J. Simpson's abusiveness and volatility only deepened his wife Nicole's feelings for him?
- ... that Anders Behring Breivik's 2083 points out that "radical feminists have embraced and been embraced by the wider and deeper movement of cultural Marxism"?
- ... that research shows that girls and young women who have an unstable father figure are more liable to unplanned pregnancy, low-self esteem, high school and college drop-out, poverty, divorce and sexually promiscuous behavior?
- ... that according to several studies, when a man gets violent with his wife, she tends to have more sex with him?
- ... that Pavel Tsatsouline helped popularize hardcore kettlebell lifting in a MILO article as early as December 1998?
- ... that a meme spreads fastest not when it is true or useful, but when it effectively sees to its own transmission?
- ... that the Übermensch was never actually a person who necessarily dominates others?
- ... that as far back as 1898, the Victorian New Woman had already been already spotted and brutally called out?
- ... that you are more likely to reach your goal if you focus on what you will do instead of what you won't do?
- ... that Alwyn Cosgrove is an expert program designer who recommends focusing on either fat loss, hypertrophy, or strength, but not all at once?
- ... that supplicating nice guy behavior comes from a shame about having personal needs with origins in young childhood?
- ... that the originator of the self-esteem movement defines it not as a feeling, but as the orientation of being on your own side?
These are articles that are in need of creation:
In the news
"The next step in globalization is to make North American women compete with Asian women, which they can't. Basically American women are in the position of big labor in the seventies: spoiled, arrogant and egotistical. They have forgotten how to love. The answer is to flood the market with millions of lithe, lovable Asian beauties." — Henry Makow (2000). "Love is a Journey". A Long Way to Go for a Date.
Roosh V Forum activity
- Abnormal pussy smell
- Have any of you ever been with a girl who's pussy smelled absolutely disgusting? I don't mean just slightly. This was hands down the worst pussy smell I have ever experienced. I pulled out...
- 2017-06-28 07:19:23
- Please help, advice for closing a deal w/co-worker
- Dark Lords & Saviors, <br /> <br />Okay. I made a post a month or two ago about "game @ workplace surrounded by hotties." <br /><br />I am working the las...
- 2017-06-28 05:54:34
- #clitoralprivilege - a weapon against female SJWs
- Came up with this a few days ago and have had great results with it online. As I live in Ukraine I don't think I'll be getting the opportunity to use it in person any time soon.<br />...
- 2017-06-28 04:48:16
- Advice for Salary Negotiations (jumping to a new company)
- Wanted to get some advice on a potential career move from you guys.<br /><br />For the past four years, I’ve been working at a boutique firm (think finance / regulation). I make a gre...
- 2017-06-27 21:49:20
- Sao Paulo, Brazil - Where to stay and meet up.
- Hey guys,<br /><br />Going to Brazil next week. I've been told to stay in Vila Mariana by a friend of mine. However, I notice that there is a park that is listed in a travel warning...
- 2017-06-27 21:22:04
- South Asians in EE - Racisim Or Places South Asians Could Do Better
- Hi All,<br /><br />I am from south Asian decent, Pakistan. Im planning my next trip to EE for August however I am worried about Racism, I was considering Belgrade at the top of my list...
- 2017-06-27 19:48:24
- Napoleon & St.Tiago's world conquests thread
- Hi all, <br /><br />I mentioned in a previous thread I will be starting my European conquests in winter however recent bombings, fire and stabbings along with bad weather, limited time...
- 2017-06-27 18:50:54
- cheap travel location with surf/salsa lessons?
- I have 5 weeks off in September, and I'm trying to decide where to go for a solo-trip. I'm looking for a place where I could learn salsa dancing for cheap and also has decent surfing for a...
- 2017-06-27 12:06:15
- DUI in Poland
- Hey guys, last month i was involved in a car crash (where it wasn't my fault) in Poland while under the influence (0.6 g) while the limit in Poland is 0.2 and over 0.5 is a crime so i was arres...
- 2017-06-27 08:58:45
- Working healthcare in the US
- Hi. So this is a question that's been on my mind for almost half a year now.<br />I'm a college student and I'm due to graduate in summer 2019. I study healthcare, nursing to be e...
- 2017-06-27 03:19:46
- The "sorry for the late response" text
- How do you guys handle "sorry for the late response" texts? I got one from a POF chick (American), have been talking but nothing special, no dates yet or whatever. I'm trying to see i...
- 2017-06-27 02:51:47
- The Random Facts and Small Stories Thread
- This thread is for random facts and stories that aren't important to warrant their own thread, but that are interesting enough that you think other people might find them worth reading. I ofte...
- 2017-06-27 02:04:02
- Testosterone level 234 :(
- A little about me: mid thirties, have always had problems with fatigue. About two years ago I had a drop in libido, shortly after I bought a car (maybe because of not moving as much?) But this year...
- 2017-06-27 00:25:57